Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Correctly Sizing a Never Summer Proto CTX
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
BassmanRuchy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Correctly Sizing a Never Summer Proto CTX

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some help on choosing the correct size Proto CTX that will fit my riding needs the best. I rode a friend's 155 a couple of times last season and took one run with a 152 yesterday. The 155 felt pretty good (from what I remember) and the 152 felt just a little too playful for my taste.

From reviews I've read, the board rides about 3 cm longer than its actual length (due to the blunted tip and effective edge). I guess that this means a 155 feels like a 158 and a 158 feels like a 161 and so on.

The biggest debate is choosing between a 155 and a 158. My riding style is mainly all-mountain (I'm an instructor) although I don't spend a huge amount of time in the terrain park (probably like 80% out of the park and 20% in the park).

Here's my current equipment setup:

Board: Forum Youngblood 157 Wide (the old cambered version)
Bindings: Forum Faction
Boots: ThirtyTwo TM-Two (size 11.5)

As far as physical characteristics go, I'm roughly 6'0" tall and weigh 185 lbs. I would classify myself as an advanced rider since I've been riding for a decade and teaching for six years.

Any advice you guys have on choosing the best size would be great.