Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The history of gun control
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Bones
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetDoc View Post
There isn't a lot of compromise though (surprised?) That's what is going to hurt gun advocates in the long run.
The lack of compromise among the gun advocates is usually what sets me off. The arguments about gun bans always start with gun advocates stating in black and white terms, that gun bans don't work, cause increased violence by criminals and even attract the crazies to perform their acts in gun-free zones. There are no academic studies that support this. (There may be opinion pieces written by academics, but there are no complete studies) This is what I usually respond to as I can't stand bald faced lies coming from either side as it serves only to polarize the argument.

That said, I haven't really heard of a cry from the anti-gun side for a complete gun ban, as even they realize that it is a non-starter for the USA.

I would hope that gun advocates would approach the issue with a similar sense of compromise.