Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Nice work Obama-disgraceful
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #38 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
Actually, I just went back and reviewed the posts. Both of you threw a fair bit of shit and the score's pretty close, but I'd say on balance you were slightly more inflammatory.

It's a pretty common human reaction to think that your own posts are much more rational, much more fact-filled, and much more right than everyone else's. An objective read generally shows different. Doesn't matter who you are.
Very true. Going back, both are inflammatory, but that 2nd post is what kicked it off I would say.

Quote:
Do you have any fucking idea how expensive it is to be a representative? Nevermind the sacrafice it takes to give up all means of income to run for office? You'd have to be a complete fucking moron to criticize congressional pay increases. I guess you only want Romney-like billionaires to be able to run for office? If you want reps to be 'of the people' you need to pay them accordingly.
He did criticize congressional pay increases so he was essentially being called a Moron. I'd fly off the handle as well.

Extremo, I understand your point of view, I don't even care about your policies and how they differ from my own. But what you cited as reference is completely different from the national scene. It is not expensive to be in Congress. Actually being in congress pays. Very well.

They don't have to pay for anything when it is business related. That is a fact. They get quite a number of perks. Their connections allow them to profit very handsomely, skirting, but staying within, ethics rules.

I'm not even talking about those who enter rich. I'm talking about those who enter modestly and become a millionaire while employed in Congress.

Congress people are notorious for owning land right next to construction projects they push for, and secure. Here is an example of a few, from both parties.

BEYOND INSIDER TRADING: Here's How Members Of Congress Get Rich Off Earmarks - Business Insider

Don't cry for Congress members. If anyone is not rich it's their fault. They do not need that raise.

Local govt is a completely different animal.