Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 686/New Balance boots
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
wernersl

Ok...so Ive ridden the 580 focus boa 8 days so far this season. Let me start by saying I do not spend any time in the park. I am a cruiser and high speed charger. This is a STIFF boot, but I have to say they are the most comfortable Ive ridden to date. I really like the focus boa system, which makes getting in and out a breeze. Its also nice to be able to loosen up with a snap between runs. Ive ridden in a variety of conditions so far this season...everything from slushy early season crap to about a foot of powder. These boots are extremely responsive. Actually loosened up the ratchets a bit till I got used to the response. That teamed with my NS RaptorX with Rome Arsenal bindings, I dont want to sneeze on a high speed charge.

With that said, I did have a problem with one of the ratches. On the left boot while cranking on the lower ratchet (side of the boot) I noticed the ratchet wouldnt lock properly. Luckily it was the lower section of the boot and I dont crank those down to tight anyway. I contacted boa...not new balance/686 and I have a replacement kit, as well as an additional side and tounge ratchet kit on the way (for spares). 22 bucks in the shopping cart, but once the order was placed it was on the house. Just used the redeem guarantee and it brings you to the warranty page. https://www2.boatechnology.com/warranty.php. Good to know for anyone with the boa system.

the moral of the story...I will continue to jam on this boot this season and will only replace if I totally screw them up. Otherwise I dont see myself switching boots any time soon.
wernersl is offline   Reply With Quote