Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Lib Tech Hot Knife

13K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  CK93 
#1 · (Edited)
Sick sick board. Just picked it up this weekend and rode 4 days in Stowe VT with 40" over last 72 hrs. This board has it all imo. Speed, carving, pop, did I mention speed and carving?? Oh yes i did but seriously cant say that enough. I brought my 153 T-Rice HP with me for comparison. Very different boards. For me I like high speed all mountain freestyle. The ride the T-Rice is a great all around / all mountain board and it’s sick no questions asked but when you really push it and I’m referring to steep high speed runs with good lines it’s just not the same as the hot knife. The HK (hot knife) is completely stable at high speeds and handles the chop. The board carves like it’s on rails. The main thing I noticed is the nose guides the board into the turn. When on T-Rice I feel it’s more the middle to rear of board pushing through the turn while the HK guides the front through the turn and the rest of board to follow. I can only describe it as rear wheel drive vs all wheel drive. I rode in fresh pow easy 12" plus and just lean back every so slightly and it floats great. Hop out the pow onto groomer and take the f**k off! For jumps it has tons of pop. The harder you pop the higher it goes. It definitely caught me by surprise at first. It’s a dense board too. Eats up the chop and washed out runs. Just all around a great great board. I would highly recommend this to someone how like high speed, great carving, flying off rollers, and all around badass snowboarding!! Yeahhhh :D

See less See more
#3 ·
Been thinking about replacing my t.rice with the HK too. I noticed the same about the trice with turns being intiated from the middle of the board.. its still a little strange for me coming from a camber board before. What size HK did you get and whats ur stats? Just curious to see if i got the right size for me. Im 5'8 , 180 pounds.

#5 ·
I’m 5'7, 165 and went with the 156. I feel it’s the perfect size for me. I have the Rice in both 153 and 157. 153 is good for playing, 157 is big on me. The HK in 156 fits perfect. Its narrower then the Rice boards too. If you put a 157Rice next to it you can clearly see the difference. If you can demo it do it, or just buy it lol.

#9 ·
When i saw it released on Lib's sight over the summer I couldn’t have cared less cause I wanted nothing to do with camber especially from Lib but now after ridding it, it is so f'ng different then you would think

C3 CAMBER DOMINANT BANANA (C3 BTX) - YouTube

The whole board is camber but its camber nose to middle then middle to back creating banana in the middle. That vid shows exactly how it looks in person.

#17 ·
it's a marketing statement, what the hell would you expect them to say "A pretty decent camber board, at least according to us, and maybe a few other guys"... of course they are going to say it's the best. You're just upset because they didn't say "The worlds best camber board, besides those expensive euro ironing boards that poutanen rides"

#21 ·
I picked up a Hot Knife and it is the world's best camber board. Well okay, I like it. It is poppy and great for choppy hard pack. It also has Lib-Tech's new base, which is super fast. Probably the best base ever. I kid I kid. It is nice to see Lib-Tech build camber boards, which by the way they have three models. Also, for those looking to buy, Snowboard Connection in Seattle and Bellevue have them on sale for 25% off. It is not on their web site so you will have to call to see if it is an in-store discount only.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.