Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Nitro Pantera - review
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
dice

Default 2013 Nitro Pantera - review

OK... so I've been on this board when I had my T6 2 years back before buying my Travis Rice and Kessler THE RIDE (KTR)! And I was blown away by it's speed, dampness and sheer performance! I was just about to purchase the 2012 (similar to 2013) which was on 50% promo special. But with demo day coming I decided to wait and try it again before jumping the gun.

Between 2012 and 2013 nothing changed on the Pantera construction except top sheet graphics! Pantera LX is no more and has been replaced by Pantera Factory which is not even close to the Pantera LX. The Factory edition is 30% lighter with Koroyd material construction and has Railkiller Edge for park rails and boxes and not as stiff.

The 2013 Pantera board was solid, fast and smooth but didn't measure up to either the T.Rice or the KTR in particular (as the Pantera & KTR are similar boards) in terms of edge hold on ice or dampness / control and even speed.

Don't get me wrong... The Pantera was still fast and smooth on chopped snow. Great edge to edge. But wasn't as playful as the T.Rice with added edge hold on ice, or as solid as the KTR as a big mountain stick and it's super grip on ice. So for me, it had no place in my quiver especially when compared to these 2 boards at hand. And it confirmed that I prefer the hybrid camber or C2 reverse camber much more than a fully cambered board which is snappy and needs to be kept on edge at all times (can't relax)!

On it's own (without reference), it still stands out as a great freeride board. I could pass by everyone in super speed. It has a decent pop off the tail and cuts through snow piles very well. And if you like traditional cambered boards it will do as a great board.

But personally for me I know it won't fit well with what I have and I would want something more than just a fast free ride board.

Cheers...
dice is offline   Reply With Quote