Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ride DH2 or Never Summer Proto Ct
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 12:03 AM   #23 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty100 View Post
You think the Asian manufacturing process, which has a higher degree of automation, leads to a better quality product than the handmade processes employed by never summer? Not wanting to get into another US vs China debate because personally I don't buy the whole "it's made in America therefore it is superior to china" etc argument, however I am led to believe NS boards are examples of high quality craftsmanship and hence the high prices are somewhat justified or at least understandable?
Nope. Would you rather have someone who's career is manufacturing make your board, or someone that thought It'd be cool to make boards?

The chinese factories pump out waaay more boards and thus the people have run that many more through their hands. The automation is more acurate than a human can be.

This isn't to say that NS, Signal, Mervin, etc. aren't putting out quality products with good finishes. But you'll find more minor issues with more hands on production boards than those with a little more automation.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote