Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Noob Snowboarder Qs.
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
j012d4n

Default Noob Snowboarder Qs.

So I just started snowboarding this season, and after 6 days of it, I've decided to purchase my first board. Obviously I don't want to waste money purchasing a beginners board, since I'll grow out of it in a few weeks. However, I do have several questions for the community whom are undoubtedly more knowledgeable on proper board selection than myself.

Just to help with the diagnosis, Im 5'11 & weigh about 170-172 lbs.
I live in Driggs, ID so we're talking boards well suited for Grand Targhee, Jackson & Teton Village. Atm, the snow is pretty packed down around here, but around feb/march we get absolutely dumped on. So I'm guessing an all mountain/powder board would be good yeah ?

At the moment I'm looking at 3 different boards. 1) The Never Summer Legacy. I'm a size 12 boot so the SL may be a bit small 2) The Never Summer Proto. 3) The Solamon Villian wide. Was told my proper board sizing was about 158W-162.

Any suggestions on these 3 boards, or any others for that matter would be awesome.
j012d4n is offline   Reply With Quote