Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ski vs Snowboard Jackets
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
element

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixie View Post
One thing to consider is fit. Now I don't know about men's items but as far as the women's items go the snowboard specific brands have more of a 'juniors' fit while the more "mature" brands like North Face, Marmot etc will fit more like womens clothing. Your wife will know what that means, you don't have to. Just tell her you read that on the internet, you don't want her thinking you shop for womens clothes now do you?

I have been trying to find a good pair that fits me properly and I had to just break down and shell out the cash for a nice pair of Patagonia pants. All the "snowboard" brand pants fit like skinny jeans. Who the fuck wants to snowboard in shit like that? I have been thru over 5 pairs of snow pants and I am fully in love with the patagucchis! I actually bought two pairs, an insulated pair and a gore tex shell pair. Even on sale they were some serious $$$ I am going to have to eat ramen for the rest of my life but I have pants that fit, finally.

I am gonna give away all my other pairs!!
Thanks for the heads up!
Sounds like for the 2nd paragraph there you're talkin more about pants than jackets maybe? but you've seen fit problems in both tops n bottoms eh?
element is offline   Reply With Quote