Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Took my first lesson, and its on
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kirkw101

Default Took my first lesson, and its on

Loved it! hard to "get up" than I thought it would be heelside but toeside is just fine. Great workout for sure. Rode for 4 hours at Peeble Creek just outside Pocatello.

I used rental gear, Rossingol 161 board. So according to all the charts I should be on a 163cm board (or so). 5'11" and 230 lbs. size 10.5 boot.

I have skateboarded for about half my life, skimboarding on the coast, a little ice hockey as a kid. My balance is pretty good.

The 161 seemed fine to me. The board responded well to toe and heel pressure, speed was plenty good.

Locally I can find great deals on year old gear but most are 158cm. I am thinking about jumping on that but wanted to get thoughts before I flip 2 bills for it. Its Atomic with Atomic bindings and DC boots.

The board has almost no wear on it. No chips, de-lam, cracks, no rust at all.

I'm not into tricks, no park stuff. I like to cruz, carve and just have a good time with my wife. Not looking to get famous or rich. I plan on once or twice a week boarding so I dont want pure junk but I dont need to drop 400 either. I'm a father of 4 and at some point I'll have to get them gear also.

So, 158cm alright for my style? All groomed slopes too, maybe a splash of powder from time to time but not serious. My wife will keep me a little tame.

Kirk
Kirkw101 is offline   Reply With Quote