Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Politics Forum is gone.
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
I'm going to miss the wilderness. I have to have respectful political debates with my co-workers. I liked being able to come right in here and jump headfirst off the deep end. For what the politics section was worth, I actually found it informative. Be it from sources people would share, or just someones honest opinion, no matter how vitriolic or intransigent.
Trouble is, and I'm guilty of this too, is that people are so intent on being right that they will spend a lot of effort searching for and providing "backup" for their opinion, while spending very little time actually studying the backup provided by others with a differing opinion.

Most of the time it just seemed like a lot of people saying... "me, me, me"...
"no! me, me, me!" ... "NO! ME, ME, ME" ... "NO!!!! MEEEE, MEEEE, MEEEE!!!!!"

SNAP! LOSE IT! HEADFAKE!

I actually enjoy the political debates with my family much better than the ones here. There's quite the background of people in my family (many teachers, construction people, financial sector, retail management, etc.) so you get a whole bunch of different views, but all with the same sort of philosophy towards life...

My sister and brother in law are high school arts teachers, that support the conservative party, but had homosexual friends and care about the environment...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote