Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Skiing over Snowboarding
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
snajper69

Since I am a noob I can tell you that snowboarding is kind of hard to start off. But once you put the time in it just starts to come together. I am a big guy so starting was even harder for me and first 2 runs I though there is no way I will ever snowboard, not flexible enough, not very good balance. Than out of nowhere after reading and watching many snowboarding videos (snowprofessor, snowwolfs and Snowboarding Addiction learn to snowboard) everything start coming together. I learned that once you commit you will progress very fast. Will I ever be good snowboarder? Probably not. But I have a lot of fun snowboarding and don't fell a lot anymore (maybe once/twice per trip). I found that having good protection (helmet, crash pads etc.) helps and makes learning more enjoyable. BTW I have friends that do both. And I start in snowboarding based on their recommendation, all agreed that snowboarding is harder at the beginning but more fun and easier to progress.
snajper69 is offline   Reply With Quote