Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Skiing over Snowboarding
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #27 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyCH View Post
I was a pretty good slalom skier in my early 20's, gave it up for about 10 years, by the time I got back to it I was to heavy to pull up on a slalom. I could still pull up on 2 and drop 1, but had a bad crash that almost screwed my left knee for good. Took up wakeboarding the next summer and never looked back.
Yeah I haven't been able to get out of the water on 1 for a few years now. I usually dock start on two, and drop 1 about 50 feet out. We only have a little 90 HP motor on a 15'6" boat so it's gotta get up to speed before I can drop!

We wakeboard behind it too, but I only get back to the cottage once a year now so I get one week of waterskiing or wakeboarding a year. Hence the taking a dump look, it takes everything I've got just to get some good turns in on the ski!

Took a wakeboarding lesson about 7 years ago, and the boat was a full inboard (not an I/O) that just popped out of the water. And the loop bringing the rope so high up made me just want to pop out of the water on the jumps! Was a blast!!!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote