Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need carving help (video of me riding)
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 01:11 AM   #26 (permalink)
pwol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincraft View Post
what you are doing wrong is, complaining about a 3 hour drive to Killington. It's Killington man. That place is just amazing! I drive 12 hours to get there lol
Lol, fair enough. I wish I could find some cheap places to stay up there though. Day trips all the time gets a little annoying.

Hey I just wanted to post a little update...

I went upto Wachusett Mass. last night for some night boarding. It was my first time night boarding and I learned that my goggle lens suck at night, so I rode with my goggles up on my helmet most of the night.

Anyways, I had a blast out there. Felt the progress in my form and had a lot of fun. The main problem I noticed was just not being used to the speed yet. Idk how accurate the Ski Tracks APP is, but I got several runs in going upto ~34 mph. Idk if thats any fast, but it was for me. I got upto these speeds even on choppy East coast conditions. It felt great bending the knees, getting low, and absorbing all those bumps at those speeds.

I thought you guys would be proud of this part... towards the end we went on some green trails and decided to ride them switch a couple of times. We were just fooling around but it turned out to be extremely fun. I always neglected switch and never linked any turns switch before. I took everything I learned from this thread and applied it to switch (again, the most notable being the knee to toe / hip drive technique.) I fell a couple of times in the beginning, but picked it up very fast. It made me really focus on the technique and forced me to see all the little things that are going on. Even though it was just on some green trails, I honestly feel I rode switch my first time better than I did regular in that video I posted before.

Oh and I also did some small 180* jumps for the first time ever, they were at pretty low speeds but I was pretty stoked haha.

The responses in this thread have been amazing, There's no possible way I would be making so much progress in such little time without you guys. Thanks again for taking the time out to post all the in depth responses to my (and all the other threads on this board) questions. I'm still just getting the hang of everything, and still have so much to learn so I'll be back with more vids and questions.

I'm going upto Killington sometimes next week, I plan on fixing my GoPro handle by then and hope to get some new footage!

Last edited by pwol; 01-04-2013 at 01:34 AM.
pwol is offline   Reply With Quote