Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Upgrading a board advice - womans' gnu?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 07:08 AM   #18 (permalink)
cav0011
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanaia View Post
You hit the nail! Lol... I guess I will never get them then lol. Still board must be good.

I just got intrigued by this diva... Good price indeed.
The thing about gnu is, most of thier tech is on another brands board that may fit you better. Roxy is owned by the same parent company as gnu (i at least am pretty sure of this) just like gnu lib and quicksilver are all in bed in some way. Rossignol uses magnatraction, smokin snowboards uses it. arbor has a similar edge hold deal, as do rome and burton (although people I have spoken to said burtons doesnt really work but i dont know either way)
Then for board shape and construction most companies offer something similar at this point in the rocker revolution.
I would say to check out as many brands as you can while thinking about what appeals to you about the b-pro. That way you can see if other boards are better to you or worse to you in comparison.
I used to tell girls i knew that asked my advice to get various NS boards. Now I usually point them towards flows due to price difference and a somewhat negligible tech difference.
cav0011 is offline   Reply With Quote