Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Union Force PROBLEMS
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #22 (permalink)
Extremo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backcountry View Post
What's with Union and their toe caps! I hear they're good but there's always a complaint with the toe caps.
It's because they don't offer a true cap. Union won't offer a true cap because of legal issues (they don't hold the patent). Essentially the front lip of the Union cap doesn't curve inward. It's insignificant. Most of the problems people have are because of user error. I guess people really need fool proof gear now a days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Jer View Post
Gonna disagree...... Union toe cap works great with square toe boots... sucks with rounded smooth toe boots. Union said issue was my Salomon boots and recommended I change my boot brand (to more of a boxed toed boot) to fix my issue with toe cap. To their credit they did offer to send older Force toe caps.
I'd have to disagree with this. I have boots with both rounded and boxed toes. They work great with both. I always hear the opposites of these arguments. One guy couldn't get it to work with the rounded toe but can with the boxed, the next guy can't get it to work with the boxed but can with the rounded. The new split cap is pretty decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I was having toe strap issues with my new Force as well, but after spending a good couple hours on this thread (starting around this page) I was able to pretty much dial them in to perfection.

EasyLoungin

Toe strap is no longer riding over the top of my AF1 and I also have a much easier time releasing the strap.

Bottom line - not all boots fit the same in all bindings. I really had to tweak the shit out of them, but couldn't be happier that I took the time to do it.
Take the time, get it dialed in, and it's as good as any other. Unless you're just looking for a reason to bitch.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote