Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #2552 (permalink)
sabatoa
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

So I hiked over to Pine Knob last night. Distance wasn't really an issue, it's only 15 minutes past Mt Holly, took me an hour fifteen to get there.

I went with the intention to play on Pinery in the beginner park and to session one of the kickers, I ended up doing neither.

The place was crawling with kids, like roller rinks from back in the day. The summit was just a zoo and every park had a gathering of the peanut gallery sitting in the drop zone just sitting there. (see attached but that wasn't taken at its worst).

The park, IMO, wasn't well maintained. Some of the lips were sketchy but my main issue was the landing zone of the boxes. Each box unloaded into a 4 foot deep dadtrap. A dadtrap is a crater that little kids fall into, luring the dad to come out to rescue them.

So I dunno if that is normal for them to let it get that bombed out or what but I wasn't going to hit it, especially if I was going to work on boardslides and the like.

My wife liked PK overall, she had fun on the natural terrain. The mini-rollers and the quarter pipe-like wall on Quick Silver (I think).

I need to get new goggles soon because I can't see the contours of the snow at night wearing red solex lenses and I feel super sketched out on easy terrain.

It sucks bombing blacks with Leo on Sunday to getting caught up in my head on Thursday and feeling sketchy on a blue (that felt like a green) even though the snow was good. No crashing or stupid shit, it was just in my head.

Some days you're just off, if it happens once for every ten good times out then so be it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (130.2 KB, 29 views)
  • Boyne Mountain: 0
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 0
  • Caberfae Peaks: 0
  • Crystal Mountain: 0
  • Bittersweet: 0
sabatoa is offline   Reply With Quote