Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Upgrading a board advice - womans' gnu?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 08:25 AM   #19 (permalink)
Howlingsonnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanaia View Post
Hi,

This is my first post and I'm sorry if my terminology is lacking but I figured this would be the best place to ask.

I've picked up a dirt cheap 149cm 5150 amethyst last year since I didn't want to spend on rental and I wasn't sure if I was going to learn/like snowboarding. Well I LOVE IT and it's time for a new board.

Here's what I can/want to do with it:

1. all mountain - eastern side of US so well groomed mostly
2. no park for now
3. I don't think I'm a beginner since I can do any trail and will take a small jump here and there but I will fall on flatter parts ( I dunno if it's my board or me but I'm on a true camber). Not afraid to go faster either.
4. I'm size 9/10 woman, 5'8 and 128 lbs

Budget is up to $500

My friend got the gnu b-pro and she loves it but she's must better then me so I figured I don't need that much of a board? any advice?

Thank you for your time.
I ride a 2013 flow jewel 152 its a park board....great on groomers and carving....fast board...true twin...whiskey royal tech...good flex to continue progressing ....good for intermediate riding-advanced...im 5'9 135lbs i had the 2012 flow jewel and stuck w it.....i have a roxy ally BTX as well...check out those two....

Are you riding powder/backcountry?
Howlingsonnets is offline   Reply With Quote