Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Politics Forum is gone.
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #21 (permalink)
sabatoa
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Here is the deal. This forum is owned and operated by a private entity. As such it is not a democracy and you don`t have Constitutionally protected freedom of speech. The owners of the Vertical Sports community are free to say what can and cannot be discussed on their forum. Thanks to street doc and his unprovoked attacks upon me and subsequent refusal to back down when the moderator of the forum asked him to, the decision was made higher up the food chain than us to get rid of the politics section. Vertical Sports is not a political forum it is sports based and this one happens to be Snowboarding.

As for the shitstorm in question, you guys know from experience that if I post something that is factually incorrect, if I am approached with civility and basic human respect, I am one of the the first to say, "oops my bad" and you have all seen me do it in the politics section and others over the last 5 years. I even do this on my board reviews when I get a technical specification wrong and it is pointed out to me I totally admit I goofed (My Billy Goat review is a perfect example where a member pointed out that I made a mistake on the sidecut and I thanked the member for pointing it out).

Streetdoc became unreasonably angry over what he felt was me posting incorrect information and rather that be civil about it, he resorted to insults. When I tried multiple times to try to explain my point and meaning he was so angry he was unable to stop and listen and consider that he might have taken my point the wrong way from which I intended ( totally could have been my bad in not being clear enough). He made wild claims that I attacked him personally when in actuality he decided to take generic statements and comments not directed at anyone and were talking in general terms, personally and own them.

In one post I simply asked him if he actually snowboarded because at that point, I had never seen him engage in any snowboarding discussion and he then made the claim that that was a personal attack and repeated this wild accusation into additional threads. How can anyone have a rational conversation with someone who is displaying that level of anger and misconception about a person`s intent?

When Donutz gave him several opportunities to back off, he then gave Donutz the e version of the middle finger and dared him to do it. He gave Donutz no choice!

Donutz was not out of control as one member accused him of at all; he was pushed into a corner with no option. When a mod tells a member to back off or else they will be banned and that member basically keeps ranting and telling the mod to basically fuck off, and the mod does not follow through, he looses all credibility as a moderator. You can call it censorship, but as I said, this is owned and operated by a private entity who has the right to set whatever rules they choose.

Street Doc claimed he has received "multiple PM`s" from members "thanking him for calling me out". To that I say this, if anyone here has a problem with me or the way I do my volunteer job on this site, have the balls to take it up with me directly.

If you still cant work up the courage to do that, PM Killclimbz about it. We all talk in the admin lounge and he is a straight shooter. He will bring it up to me and if it is something I need to change, he will tell me.

All of the shit lately has stemmed from politics and people like street doc cant deal with an Admin or Moderator who has an opinion and will argue their point of view. The section proved to provide nothing positive to the site and only caused problems. The owners of Vertical Sports saw this and made the call to get Killclimbz to shut it down.
Street Doc was essentially committing suicide by cop. He was begging to be banned for some reason. It was strange to watch.
  • Boyne Mountain: 1
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1
sabatoa is offline   Reply With Quote