Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Need Help!!!!

681 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  neednsnow 
#1 ·
hi,
I am looking to go to high cascade this summer. i have a couple questions for anyone who has gone. First of all, my friends cant afford to go so i would go alone. Do a lot of people go on their own? Also this is my second season riding and i had 28 days last year and about 10 so far this year. I can board/nose slide a box and rail. I can also 180 off just about anything. I am working on my 3's. Would i be ok with the skill level or would i feel out of place? Should i just wait till next summer? I am 15 going to be 16 in april. The early bird sale ends soon so i need to sign up.

#2 ·
I've never been, so I can't really speak to the skill level. However, like any camp, I'm sure they'll break people off into various skill level groups. Also, the sooner you learn to do shit without your friends, the better. Snowboarding, especially. Once you arrive, you'll interact with a bunch of other snow idiots like yourself....immediate friends. That has been one of the lasting mantras in my riding world. Who needs to bring friends when you can make friends on the lift (and in your case, in the park.) Have fun, Kid!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.