Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Vancouver 12-13 Season
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #380 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroy View Post
Really? What hills do you have 15 minutes from downtown that you can shred any day or night of the week, even after working all day? Nevermind that view, yeah. We're spoiled here and we usually know it but sometimes forget.
Doesn't matter how close they are to your house if they still aren't REAL MOUNTAINS!!!

No seriously guys, I'm going to be in Vancouver for work from Jan 23-28th, we're already doing one day at Seymour and I'm planning on extending my stay for a few days extra.

So the question is, what's the best place to go within a 2.5 or so hour drive of Vancouver on a Sunday to Tuesday? Keeping in mind I ride REAL MOUNTAINS all the time...

I'm debating between Cypress, Whistler and Baker so far. Cypress is cheap and close to Vancouver, and I could book and extra couple days in my hotel for $80.

Whistler obviously is the biggest, but will it be all tracked out? It's also not cheap... although I found accommodations in the village for $130 or so a night.

Baker looks great, tons of snow, cheaper lift tickets, could stay about 15 mins away for $130 a night. Only thing holding me back is the lack of high speed lifts. That's a real downer for me.

So who has the best powder and holds it the longest? Who's got great terrain?

Where should I go so I can come back to the Rocky mountains and tell them all that we don't have the best snowboarding in the world?!? lol
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote