Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Picking up a board for the wife
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
stealthyc

The idea behind not wrapping the tip and tail is if you blow one out you can repair it, whereas if you have a wrapped edge, you're looking at replacing the whole edge which is not a small job. It also supposedly saves weight...not sure how relevant all of that is, but I don't think not having the tip and tail wrapped should be a deterrent.

Smokin is interesting...they make great boards in theory, and a lot of people like them...the tech is all there. But I rode a Vixen last year and thought I was going to kill myself on it. It was squirrely and grabby and washed out...it was basically a disaster, could not get it back fast enough. Could have been a really bad detuning job on the one I rode, but if you look toward the Vixen, check their weight charts...you might want to go a little bigger than you were thinking to get the stability your wife would probably want.

Kayeby mentioned the B-Nice. It's a great beginner board...rocker with mag. I know 90% rider, 10% equip. But if you want something that is just going to feel good and feel like you could confidently do whatever you want on it, you might want a little more board and a little less rocker than the B-Nice.
stealthyc is offline   Reply With Quote