Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Union vs Flux
Thread: Union vs Flux
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
Extremo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
He may not ride them now, but he's the reason they exist. He liked the Contact and wanted something beefier: Contact Pro. As evidence: you'll notice the distance between the bottom of the highback and heelcup is greater when folded down on the Pro than any other Union. Ruf found that while bootpacking and holding onto the heelcups the regular highbacks from Union would dig into his hands. So when he got involved with the Contact Pro he had them mill out the bottom section for more hand space.

While it is soft, its not jibby. There's a difference. They're a surfy all mountain binding, a good one. It doesnt sound like he'll be doing "aggressive" freeriding so I dont think he'll out power the Pro's.
Yeah obviously he there his 'Pro model'. And I've heard the story before. You can see him riding them in pics all over the web. But even before the superpros came out he was in volcom ads riding the MC's and team forces. I'm guessing because they had their limitations. In pow, I'm sure they're surfy. But on the stuff we ride out here it's easy to out power them. There are more suitable bindings in the line.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote