Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anyone ever broken some bones?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Tech420
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smasher View Post
I ask every time I go in, but all he ever tells me is "to be completely safe, take the season off and don't even ride a bike until you're 100% (which will take 6+ months) but they're obligated to tell me that. I know some skiers who rode right out of the cast/sling and actually progressed faster in their recovery period because they worked out their muscles slowly with the pole movements.
As long as I don't fall on it it makes sense that I'll be fine
How old are you? I ask because I had numerous injuries when I was younger that I pay for now (still only 23) because I didn't let them heal completely. I rushed back to sports after a broken wrist and now my right wrist has nearly half the range of motion of what my left wrist does. I also have chronic ankle/knee/shoulder pain from rushing back after surgery/injuries. You can't prevent falls so you shouldn't bank on that. Shit I have been tackled in the lift line by an idiot before. Listen to your doctor and physical therapist(I assume from that kind of injury you should be doing at least minor physical therapy for a couple weeks). Who knows maybe in April/May the doctor may tell you you're fine and you can get a little time in. It's not worth the potential permanent damage it can cause you.....let alone the potential of needing additional surgery and missing next season
Tech420 is offline   Reply With Quote