Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anyone ever broken some bones?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Smasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech420 View Post
How old are you? I ask because I had numerous injuries when I was younger that I pay for now (still only 23) because I didn't let them heal completely. I rushed back to sports after a broken wrist and now my right wrist has nearly half the range of motion of what my left wrist does. I also have chronic ankle/knee/shoulder pain from rushing back after surgery/injuries. You can't prevent falls so you shouldn't bank on that. Shit I have been tackled in the lift line by an idiot before. Listen to your doctor and physical therapist(I assume from that kind of injury you should be doing at least minor physical therapy for a couple weeks). Who knows maybe in April/May the doctor may tell you you're fine and you can get a little time in. It's not worth the potential permanent damage it can cause you.....let alone the potential of needing additional surgery and missing next season
Im 17, and the first surgery did suck ive never felt a pain like that worse than the day after surgery, even with all the morphine and stuff they had me
On. I figured ill play it safe, and my next appointment is on feb. 4th where im scheduled to get my sling off meaning the bone fused back together and i should be strong enough to start physio, i had a trip to Mt. Tremblant in Montreal planned on Feb 14th so it looks like that's gonna get scratched Tomorrow ill hitup my hill and see if they can give me a discount or something on next year's pass, this really blows to have wasted $400 for 4 outings. He said ill be good to go for sports (we told him hockey) in 3 months so somewhere during march is my "scheduled" comeback, but ill stick with my physio and try to get some muscle built up as soon as i can
Smasher is offline   Reply With Quote