Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Returning Unions... what next?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #34 (permalink)
Chef Jer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimus85 View Post
Yea, some boots just won't work with those open toe cap designs. For those boots you would want to look into bindings that have some kind of stretchy toe cap, like the Rome and Ride binders.

Or you can Frankenbinder it:

Frankenbindings: Toe straps/caps! | Jibby Snowboarding
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
This is my vote. Why scrap a sick binding over a defective strap. Upgrade and enjoy.
As posted earlier (in a different thread).. I've gone this route. Union's customer service is top notch and they did offer to send me the older force caps. However, I've had some gift cards laying around for a bit and I really like the burton caps.. so I went that direction.

The Frankenbinder process was much simpler than the link posted. The Burton getta grip cap and ratchets actually work with the Union ladders. No mods were necessary and it was as simple as screwing the Burton caps into the Union laders. I still need to adjust them for my boot but this is the result:

(*flux's I ordered were over sold and really missed SL's after riding my Cartels again)

Last edited by Chef Jer; 01-04-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Chef Jer is offline   Reply With Quote