Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Moving out to California
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
We pay for the very good weather.
yup. It was 70 degrees today where I work. I wear a jacket inside my cold ofice and take it off to go outside at lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
I have not yet been to Mammoth, but that's the mountain to go to if you are driving. It's a long drive. 7-8 hours. All of my friends who have gone to Squaw, Breck, Keystone, Canyons, Park City, still like Mammoth the best. They love the other places (especially Squaw) but they like Mammoth for the way the mountain is setup.
that makes me feel better about spending so much time at mammoth and not going elsewhere. With my effed up work schedule it's just the easiest for me to do last minute storm chasing trips. I have commitment issues which keep me from planning trips to other faraway resorts that require flying. However Squaw is in the future fo sho.

Also Im going to be the total outlier here and just come out and say it

I FUCKING LOVE MOUNTAIN HIGH.

because it's 45 minutes from my house. Because last year they'd give me 25 dolla lift tickets for showing them my mammoth season pass.
Because I can do weekday laps on the jump runs. Because the people watching is SO. DAMN. GOOD.

Embrace the icy man made hard pack!!!! I do.

Last edited by mixie; 01-04-2013 at 11:21 PM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote