Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Moving out to California
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 01:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixie View Post
yup. It was 70 degrees today where I work. I wear a jacket inside my cold ofice and take it off to go outside at lunch

that makes me feel better about spending so much time at mammoth and not going elsewhere. With my effed up work schedule it's just the easiest for me to do last minute storm chasing trips. I have commitment issues which keep me from planning trips to other faraway resorts that require flying. However Squaw is in the future fo sho.

Also Im going to be the total outlier here and just come out and say it

I FUCKING LOVE MOUNTAIN HIGH.

because it's 45 minutes from my house. Because last year they'd give me 25 dolla lift tickets for showing them my mammoth season pass.
Because I can do weekday laps on the jump runs. Because the people watching is SO. DAMN. GOOD.

Embrace the icy man made hard pack!!!! I do.
Mt High is ok ... but the runs are so short. You feel like you're on the lift all day and their lifts are super slow. Get off the lift, blink, you're at the bottom.

Squaw is awesome. Make sure you get there, because squaw plus Alpine is pretty hard to beat.

Everyone loved the terrain at Squaw, but they just say it's easier to get around at mammoth, the way it's laid out. I have no clue, I've never been but will finally be going next month. I've had free tickets the past two years but it never worked out schedule wise.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote