Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Moving out to California
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 12:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
Deimus85

Thanks for all the advice so far guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombaco View Post

If you can make trips to Mammoth, I highly recommend it. Vastly bigger resort than anything in so cal, world class parks, and great snow conditions. If you're into backcountry riding there's a ton in the Eastern Sierra. I have no idea how long a trip from San Diego would be tho- maybe 8 hrs?
Google maps says it is 6 hours and 17 minutes from SD to Mammoth. Of course, that is in ideal driving conditions that never exist in Southern Cali.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthefence View Post
You say youve been boarding for 14 yrs? Then id guess 20-something yr old wannabe-gangster white folk isnt your thing hahaha. Its also crowded, narrow runs with idiots sitting in approach/landing zones on features and jibs and like 5 ppl waiting to drop in anyway. I go here for day trips cuz the drive is easy and night session isnt as bad. Also I think the snow stays softer for longer because it doesn't get as cold at night compared to Bear, but during the day it's Bear all the way.

Neither of these resorts have Cali resident deals on tickets.
I am assuming that you are talking about Mt. High?

Does Mammoth do CA resident deals?
Deimus85 is offline   Reply With Quote