Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

New setup advice for my gf

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  lilpea 
#1 ·
Title says it all. She already has Salomon boots so i want to surprise her with a board and bindings. She is a beginner that can link basic turns, but is close to having it all come together.

Thanks in advance. Happy New Years!

#4 ·
I recently purchased a setup for my wife. I got her a reverse camber board (Burton Lux 154) because they make is easier to change directions and turn. I got her the gnu street bindings. These are great because they are quick rear entry and exit bindings. Women lack the upper body strength needed to constantly get up while snowboarding IMO. With these you stand while putting them on. They also have a quick release for the ankle strap only. They allows them to get more circulation while on the lift. my wife's feet are alway cold and this helped.

#5 ·
have you looked at the gnu b-nice? my friend started on that board and she progressed well on it and loves it. it's also gotten some good feedback in reviews. its more of a freestyle board I think but if that's what she's looking to do, that board might be a solid choice.

#6 ·
I just bought my wife an Arbor Swoon. I emailed Arbor about it and they say it's the women's Coda.
She likes it. She is a solid intermediate, cruises groomers, not aggressive. we ride in NY and the griptech is pretty good on ice.

Also considered last years Flow Jewel
New on ebay from $165 - $190, depending on the size.

#12 ·
she is 5'11 and has been using a women's 155. A shop we visited recommended getting her on a men's board. Anybody have any experience with that?
She doesn't "need" a men's board. That recommendation makes me wonder if the shop didn't have anything in the size she would need in a women's board..

Does she want to size down from the 155? At her stats something around a 153 would probably be okay, especially if she's a beginner.

Just watch the waist width with her boot size.

Good luck!

#11 ·
well personally my gf started on an alibi rogue but once she started to link turns and i knew she was serious, we went board shopping and she picked up a never summer pandora. its a board that can help her learn and that she can keep progressing on. its slightly more park oriented (really just softer flex) but she really likes it.
also gnu ad roxy make nice boards for girls

#13 ·
I just got a GNU Pickle and can't say enough nice things about it. I am intermediate, about 5 years into this now and my first board was a Salomon regular camber style. The Pickle is a rocker which makes turning effortless. I matched it with Flow bindings as I hated all the time on my bum strapping in. Its made a huge difference to my time on the slopes - I am now waiting for others instead of the other way around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.