Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Union Atlas bindings
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
scotty100
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHeagz View Post
I just picked these up and on my 2nd day the piece that screws in on the back of the high back to control the angle of forward lean popped off. Any thoughts on how I could get a new one and the screw that holds it in place? Thanks!
Same thing happened on my Rome Mob bindings. Rome sent me out a replacement. This sort of design for "tool-less" forward lean adjustment is found on a variety of bindings, including Rome and Union. I am not a fan of it at all. It's a weak point in the set-up and according to Rome can come loose very easily when riding. I would rather have a set up where I'm securely adjusting forward lean with the usual #2 or #3 philips screws to hold it in place, rather than this type of tool-less mechanism that you twist and adjust to hold.

Burton and Flux seem to have better tool-less forward lean adjustment on their bindings. My Malavitas are easy to adjust and have no twist mechanism design that will inevitably come loose and separate.
scotty100 is offline   Reply With Quote