Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New All Mtn/Park board
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
scotty100
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerozor View Post
Yo!

I got the opportunity to test some K2 boards at the resort this christmas, and I really fell in love with many of their boards, especially the Turbo Dream & Fastplant. So that really made me wanna hunt for a new board!

I'm looking for a board that handles bombing hills, hit powder when I get the chance, and hit the park every now and then. My weight is around 200lbs(bulking) and height 6,3.
Its really 3 boards that have my attention, but im struggling to choose a little...
The boards I have in mind is:

K2 Turbo Dream
Yes The Greats
Rome Agent Rocker

What would u guys recommend most?
I will be running my '12 Cartel re:flex bindings on it

Thank you
I have a Yes Great Beauties from last year. Cool all-mtn board. Would do everything you are looking to do on the hill. Has great edge hold. Have no experience with the other 2 boards but I think they are good boards and stiffer/more aggressive maybe than the Yes. All 3 have different shapes and camber profiles - you should take that into consideration. Yes is a true twin and has Cam-Rocker, K2 flat-Rocker and the Rome is Hybrid Rocker-Camber. All will ride differently. I do also have a Rome Factory Rocker which is the baby brother to the Reverb and the Agent and shares the same hybrid rocker profile. Decent board with great edge hold (quick rip sidecut) which is the same tech as on the Agent, which is a lot more stiffer/aggressive I believe.

Decide what camber profile you prefer and go from there...
scotty100 is offline   Reply With Quote