Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Broke my front binding last night.....
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
BlackhawkDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treegreen View Post
That disc looks like it exploded. Glad you're OK. If it went down like you're describing it I would be contacting Burton and having them send me some new discs.
I am gonna give them a call see what will happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanJoe View Post
I've been riding Burton bindings (as have my friends) for many, many years. I've never seen anything like that. It looks like someone went all HULK SMASH on a disc with a mallet!
Thats eactly what my buddy who has been riding for like the last fifteen years said too
Is it possible over/under tightening could cause this type of failure? Incorrect bolts? I guess its possible as I am not a techor anything but I didnt wrench them down with gorilla torque just good and tight with loctite

Wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
My .02 cents from working warranty for years. You fell the torque twisted the binding and as you spun around in a circle on your ass the nose/tail dug in and the pressure cracked the disk. Shit happens when you get radical.
I am totally ok with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by budderbear View Post
Just be glad your not this guy
looks like somebody pizza'd when they shoulda french fried
Quote:
Originally Posted by extra0 View Post
that's friggin ridiculous. Kinda makes me worry because I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow and all I have is one set of cartels. What I do see on your disk is all the insert holes for both 4x4 and 3D that are surely weakening the strength...mine only have the 4x4.
Switch to only 4x4 or 3D disks and you'll have a stronger disk/less chance of that happening again
That sounds like a plan to me thanks for the idea.
BlackhawkDriver is offline   Reply With Quote