Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Which size to get
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
double
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angler View Post
I am buying burton ions. Went to the store and my foot measures right in between a size 7.5 and eight. Everyone inithe store told me to get the 7.5 even though they hurt and my toes are a bit curled when I am in the flex position. In the size 8 my toes just brush the front of the boots in the flex position. I ride around 35 to 40 times a year. People in the store think I will pack the 7.5 out to be comfortable and if I go with the 8 they will end up being a bit big. I am nervous out getting the 7.5 because my toes are slightly curled in them and worry that they will not pack out to the amount that would be comfortable. Any thoughts even though this a a subjective question?
I usually drop a half size when buying boots but tried the Burton Ion's last year and had to go up half a size. They pack out about half size but if your feet are touching on the 8's I would go with those. There is a lot of preference in making that choice but I hate having my toes jammed in the front of the boot and if your toes are curled the boots might not pack out enough to get comfortable. You can also try an insole to see if that can give your toes a bit more room with the 7.5's. Good luck!
double is offline   Reply With Quote