Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade Contour Roam 2?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #31 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCL View Post
Stupid question but do they make a magnet mount to attach on the outside of a car like on the side fender?

I can see some creative uses for that with my Subaru buddies.
Haven't seen one but it has a standard tripod thread in the base of the camera (at least the Roam 1 does) so it could be mounted that way to a strong magnet and then just rotate the lens. Actually this is a really cool idea, if you had a magnet with a hole through it (from a rotating beacon or something) you could make the mount yourself. I've got an old Celica I may end up autocrossing. Would be great to get a roof/hood/fender view of the action.

On another note, anyone here smart enough to know if you could force Roam 2 firmware on a Roam 1 and get the 60 FPS upgrade and the mic fix all in one? Dunno what language the firmware is programmed in but I'm wondering if it's possible to trick the Roam 1 into thinking it can take the new FW. Either that or opening up the 60 FPS feature in the latest versions of the Roam 1 firmware...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote