Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: Rossignol Adult Mini 121 Snowboard
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
tecknojoe

Default Review: Rossignol Adult Mini 121 Snowboard

This board is a super tiny 121 with an ADULT stance built in. What does that mean.....

Rider: 26
snowboarding ~15 years
skateboarded for ~10 years
5' 7" - 155lbs
Style: True all mountain: rails, jumps, moguls, trees, pow, insane speeds, everything
Where: Breckenridge - 1/5/12

The board:
Rossignol 121 Mini
Price: $90 - The-House.com
Type: Camber

Why:
It's simple. This board gives a completely different experience in snowboarding. You can spin like crazy, flick through moguls like a madman, and just plain have a different style of fun.

How's it ride:
The single most fun thing on this board is buttering. It is HARD. Why? Because you have to actually balance like a skateboard manual. You can't just throw your weight to one side and stay there. If you go too far, you go straight on your ass. And trust me, it'll happen a lot. You'll be used to having more effective edge, so when you search for the tip in a butter or an ollie, it just plain won't be there. It's poppy and lightweight. It slides well, I even managed to pull off a hurricane grind like a skateboard. It's tough to jump since I'm used to popping off, but you eventually adjust. What else is good? Well, for just 90 bucks, you can have a fun toy to entertain yourself with on the days that you're teaching your girlfriend to ride instead of shredding with the guys (Which is exactly why I rode it today). Plus your friends will get a kick out of it.

Bad:
Honestly, nothing. This board isn't replacing your powder board or your rail killer. You need to expect a different experience, and this thing delivers. Fun as hell

Summary:
For any of you skateboarders out there, it is a MUST. It gives such a small lightweight feeling, just like skating. It feels like I'm ollie-ing, board sliding, and doing REAL manuals.

Guys, I give this thing a 10/10 in fun factor, price, and hilariousness

- Joe