Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - help narrowing down my freeride board list
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 10:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
ryan1985

Default help narrowing down my freeride board list

Hi all,

Hoping for some recommendations for a new board. I only ride a half a dozen times a year, and I'm on a pretty tight budget so I don't want/need the best of the best, but I'm tired of riding a piece of crap. I'm hoping to spend less than $225 for a board (I already have decent bindings/boots).

For my riding preference, I mainly stay out of the park and enjoy cruising the mountain. Occasionally I'll hit little kickers here and there, but I'm mostly in the powder or carving. I've technically been snowboarding for 10 years, but since I only go a few times a year, I am definitely not "advanced". Intermediate at best.

That being said, I've picked out a few boards based on the size I'm looking for (152 range) and my $225 budget. Based on my riding preference above, does anyone have any particular recommendations from the list below? I think a lot of these may be freestyle boards, but it's tough to tell because the website i'm using also lists them as "all mountain"... maybe a shameless selling point for people like me who don't know any better?

- Burton Twin
- Burton TWC Standard
- K2 Brigade
- K2 Playback
- Forum Manual
- Forum Scheme
- Ride Agenda

Suggestions from the list above? Thanks in advance.
ryan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote