Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Going from EC2 to Camrock
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 10:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
ARSENALFAN
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Going from EC2 to Camrock

Hey gang. Sold my 159 Attack Banana and picked up a 2012/13 159 Yes Pick Your Line. First time out today. Conditions were hardpack and somewhat icy. I found the Yes Camrock much less washy than the Attack Banana which I rode in the same place last week. I had just tuned the Attack, but it didn't seem to help. Much happier with the Pick Your Ride. However, as expected from ArsenalFan, there is a "but." Here it is: I like the new board but I don't love it (initially impression). Now you must remember, there is no such thing as demo days in Calgary area. Accordingly, I have to research online and then pull the trigger. I rode my friends Travis Rice Pro at the end of the day and gave him mine to ride. I found the MTX on the TRice to be much better than on my old Attack Banana and found the Rice to be a good ride. The TRice also seemed quite a bit quicker than the Pick Your Line and supersonic compared to the Attack Banana.

My thoughts are that I will need to give the Yes board a chance and ride much more aggressive since it is cambered under foot. Questions:

A) Are turns supposed to be initiated a little different on a Camrock v EC2?
B) Is edgehold on Camrock expected to be at its best when your balls out as opposed to riding somewhat slower/lazyer?
C) Do you think it would make a difference if I switched out my Cartels for the Now Ipo's?

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Last edited by ARSENALFAN; 01-05-2013 at 10:59 PM.
ARSENALFAN is offline   Reply With Quote