Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice on lessons
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Howlingsonnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkulf View Post
Hi ,

i'm a complete newbie at this sport. Went snowboarding before (2 times) but more than 10 years ago, and broke bones early in the day each time.

I want to go back because I remember enjoying it despite the pain. What made me wanna go back after 10 years? Got a board that was given to me, Capita Extreme Stairmaster 2008 with burton bindings. The board is a little bit beaten but the edges are nice. There is a kind of little crack under it, about 10 inches long, going lenghtwise on the board, center right, not touching the edges at all. I tought at first it was a scratch but it has a kind of staircase pattern to it. Anyone has an opinion? I will send it to my nearest board shop for complete tune-up and see what they think of it... I would really like it to be okay cuz i'll be saving on rentals...

I will be taking lessons. Now my question is about that. I really wanna leave with a positive experience out of it. That's why i'll get a private instructor. I am 34 and don't wanna be in a group with 8 years olds... How many hours shall I book? Money is not an issue as I think lessons is the best investment for a beginner. I don't wanna do crazy tricks, just leave with a positive experience. I live really close to the mountains in Quebec so I could also do multi-days lessons, or should I do them all in one day?

any advice?

tanx!
Private lessons tho slightly more expensive id suggest...but thats just me...i still meet up with an instructor to make sure my old habits have worked their way in...they will start to hook you up hopefully...at least they did w me....
Howlingsonnets is offline   Reply With Quote