Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #2566 (permalink)
sabatoa
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
Yah we were there from like 1030 until just after 2. Wife's first time back on a board since before we had our daughter, she didn't get out at all last winter but fortunately she did *really* good, no edge catches, no hard slams just a few washouts and she had a great time so that's a win in my book.

Even the beginner park wasn't super crowded yesterday did a few laps there before I spent most of the second half of our day in the Timberline park. That park is ON POINT right now. Huge combo box feature like a flat-up-flat-down-flat that they made from sticking to boxes together, a wide diameter pipe feature that I'd never seen there before, two rails up top (shotgun & single barrel), the large down box up top, large flat box, a few flat bars with gaps, up-flat and another flat at the bottom with a stepup jump but the rad feature was their enormous rainbow rail perched on top of a massive hip. Kids were filming there most of the day so I kept out of their way.

I might try and skate out of work early on wednesday and check out Alpine Valley for a few hours in the early afternoon, before this warm front moves in and wrecks everything.
Your new sig with Breck and Vail just amped up my stoke.

Thinking about hitting Hawk Island when my daughter naps later.
  • Boyne Mountain: 1
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1
sabatoa is offline   Reply With Quote