Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - SELLER REVIEW: The house.com
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Gdog42

Yes, I agree with you on FedEx They always take forever with their standard ground shipping. I had to wait almost 2 entire weeks on my last order with those assholes. They said it was due to "weather delays" but I knew that was bullshit because they usually take just as long- if not then longer- to deliver my goodies even during the goddamn summer when there are no goddamn excuses.

If that sounds harsh, it's not. UPS's standard ground shipping usually takes a few days, a week at the most, when delivering from the same locations. So now I only order from online stores that use UPS. I can also drop off a UPS return package at one of their stores and actually be given a receipt to prove that it's been shipped in case it goes missing on the way back, so I still get my refund or exchange. I also like the more detailed and up-to-date tracking that UPS has.

My nearest FedEx store is over an hour away, and for a return package I just have to put it into a slip box (like a book return at a library) and don't get a receipt because "it's not their fault if my package goes missing" or some bullshit like that. They can't guarantee me that my package will get to it's location, well, at least at THAT store. Idiots!

Anyway, dogfunk is one of my favorite online stores. They have free UPS shipping on orders over $50, they have an unlimited return policy, and they cover the return shipping for size exchanges. Usually, if you're nice, they'll also do the same for regular refund shipping. Love those guys!

I recently ordered a new pair of boots directly from the brand's website, but the next day I realized that it was through FedEx!
Great, this is going to take forever and if they don't fit, I'll have to wait forever for them to get back and then again to get another pair in the right size! And I'd have to drive all the way to the FedEx store to pick up my new boots!
I left them both a phone and email message asking them to cancel the order, because for some reason they're not available on Saturdays and Sundays. It's FedEx, and I've checked the status... of course, it hasn't even shipped yet. That can work to my advantage this time because it will be easier for them to cancel it.

Yes, I could wait but I need the boots before next weekend when I should be going shredding with my buddies.
I proceeded to order another pair of the same boots from dogfunk, and they've already shipped.

Sorry if I sounded like a bit of a bad guy in this post, I've just had enough of FedEx's slow service.

Last edited by Gdog42; 01-06-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Gdog42 is offline   Reply With Quote