Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 170 lb 5'11 male 11.5 size feet - Need help finding a board
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
SeattleSol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi Seattle,

Stoked that you are loving riding! The correct size will depend a lot on what model you are considering. The tip to tip length of a board is not a great indicator. Were there any brands or models that you were interested in? If so, post them here and we can all make some specific suggestions.
Thanks for the response WiredSport!

I was mainly looking at used boards with waist lengths of about 24-25.5. One specific model on craigslist that caught my eye was a Trilogy Arts 159 Winter Roots Damian Draper edition. With some Burton Bindings the guy is selling it at $120 (Good price? ).

Other than that, I'm still hard at work looking for a good used board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian222 View Post
You should probably be around a 158-160. You can always go up or down depending on if you wanna be in park or just cruising. You are also kinda borderline as to if you need a wide board or not. I am a size 12 boot and in my time renting boards I've gotten both wides and standards and never had a problem with either (with the one exception of these guys that gave me a 151... I will never know on what planet I'm a 151. I'm 6'1" 175) I'm sure you could use either wide or not without a problem. I even asked my local shop and they said most would go with a standard board
Thanks for the response Brian.

I'm now only looking at boards between 158 and 160. Btw, does it matter if its a cm bigger, like 161? I'm finding some boards at that height, but I'm not sure if I should disregard them or not.

Btw, I just found a site thats slling a wide Burton Cruzer V. 154 cm board (25.5 width) for $89.00 bucks. Seams like a steal to me. Thoughts?

Last edited by SeattleSol; 01-06-2013 at 04:18 PM.
SeattleSol is offline   Reply With Quote