Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

oh joy i broke my knee :/

4K views 33 replies 10 participants last post by  BigmountainVMD 
#1 ·
so USairbag came to spirit mt, duluth mn. amazing time. it was sooooo fun! until, i broke my knee... i didnt actually break it on the bag though, i broke it getting off. i hopped off and slipped sideways and my foot caught and i heard a pop. went into the doc not being able to move my knee and they moved it and it hurt like crazzzzyyyyyy. then it popped and apparently my meniscus had been torn and was now in place. i can walk but they dont want me to. ugggggg

#7 ·
Depending on the mechanism of injury, meniscus rarely happens on it's own, and if you were seeing a GP about this, chances are he hasn't done all his knee orthos and knee history since he/she was in school.
Did it swell? Where does it hurt? there's like 10 mire questions but just so you get the point
It's MRI time

#9 ·
I'd get a second opinion. Most ER docs don't do that kind of stuff on a regular basis i would say, better to see someone who sees it almost every day.
I'd find a CCSP certified chiropractor, a DPT or orthopedist if you can.
Surgery probably isnt needed but rehab is needed for sure.
I dont know your mechanism of injury but i'd definitely get a second opinion cause you dont want it to be ACL etc.......

#11 ·
As soon as you said meniscus and couldn't move your knee I said surgery. If you tear your meniscus bad enough to have it dislodge and lock up your knee, you're heading to the surgeon. Since you did it via a torsional movement, I'd be surprised if there's no ligament damage as well. Either way, that bitch is gonna be sore as FUCK tomorrow.

I did something similar season before last. I only tweaked my knee bad enough to bruise my meniscus, but that was still bad enough to result in a grade two MCL tear. Luckily it was the MCL, that's not a big deal.

#14 ·
but some advice pt will suck and hurt but the harder you push yourself the quicker it will go by i wasnt supposed to walk till febuary and im already walking. Also if they tell you stay of it listen to them youll do more damage.

#16 ·
Did it just happen? If so, you should be icing it. And icing it.

Unless er doc advised against? Which as mentioned already they're not really experts in the area. Well, neither am I for that matter :laugh: but you can't really go wrong with ice:thumbsup:

Hope you heal up fast and well!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.