Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - haha you silly skier :3
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #41 (permalink)
freshy
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
The "Vet's" will correct me if I'm mistaken, but one thought about the skier/boarder conflict's seen from a NooB's perspective,..

I've noticed that it seems the experienced, "adept" skiers I see are heading down the blue & black runs with a lot of speed, but unlike the "once a season" skiers, they are flyin' & maneuvering down these runs within a fairly narrow corridor!

The "Tourist Skiers" seem to tend to use ALL of any run they're on. Going slow to moderate, "Across" the fall line, from one side to the other & back!

Even going fairly slow as an inexperienced NooB on a snowboard, I can still manage to stick to a 15-20 ft lane of maneuvering. I know this difference in how we "Use" the runs, has resulted in plenty of close calls for me with skiers!

Whattaya think,.. any validity to this observation?
So true.
What gets my goat is skiiers on a cat track, when they carve they take up the whole track. It's like their body stays near the middle but their skis go to the limits of each side making it damn near impossible to pass without being overly aggressive. Snowboarders on the other hand seem to have their bodies move along with their boards when they carve so you can find a good time to pass. But on the other hand boarders and more erratic with their carves compared to the skiers predictable turns.
freshy is offline   Reply With Quote