Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bigger challenges outside Europe!!
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sir G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady View Post
I'm from Argentina. You can find the best snow here in July/August. I like Bariloche, city is beautiful, but Cerro Catedral has too many visitors...
I prefer San Martín de los Andes (Cerro Chapelco), or Las Leñas (Mendoza) because has +200 backcountry trails. I like Cerro Castor too (Ushuaia), but is so far away and the wheather it's too cold. This year I will go to La Hoya (Esquel) and El Colorado (Chile).
If you wanna meet multiple places of Patagonia, yo can start from Cerro Chapelco, then go down 260km to Bariloche, near from there (80km) you can go to Cerro Bayo (Villa La Angostura), then go down again 368 km to La Hoya (Esquel). Ushuaia (Cerro Castor) it's 1980km away to Cerro Bayo... So far away! Mendoza has 2 good resorts, Las Leñas and Penitentes, and it's next to Santiago de Chile. There you have 4 resorts: Farellones, La Parva, El Colorado and Valle Nevado, very close to the city (only 50km all of them). 150km from Santiago you can visit Portillo, is the closest resort to Argentina.
If you want to know more of this places I can help you, just ask what you need.
Thanks for the information!! I was planning to do multiple places, but like you are saying, everything is so far away . So what about public transport, are there buses riding to the different resorts, or a train ?? Or is there an airport close to the resorts?? I know there is a direct flight from Buenos Aires to Bariloche, but what about the other places?? Chile i almost made my choice, because i also want to visit the City of Santiago.

Other question , what about the nightlife overthere, is there something to do at night?? Because i know its not possible to board till midnight, and i dont like sitting in my hotelroom

@EatRideSleep, yes i checked the international regional forum, but there is only one one thread , not realy active overthere

but with the information from Lady i can plan my trip already a bit better, thanks for that!!!
Sir G. is offline   Reply With Quote