Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Vancouver 12-13 Season
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 12:12 AM   #401 (permalink)
destroy

Good spot there from Donutz. I find every time I go in the trees at any mountain there's barely enough room for me and my big ass board. I always end up going too fast for my newbish comfort and half the time end up launching somewhere and then putting on the e-brakes so I don't smash and burn.

Don't mean to clog up this thread with my adventures but don't know where else to share my stories. I don't have a camera to share shots so it's borderline not worth posting but I just had the raddest day. I'm up in Prince George working right now and took the day off to go catch some pow. Everyone says Powder King is the place to go. It's 2+ hrs north through the wildnerness, near the town Mackenzie (pop. 4500). I missed the 6 AM bus outta town this morning and just start hiking with my gear and the sweet new board timmytard talked me into buying. I walked over two hours and around 20 KM through the rough frozen north foothills. Picture the first X-Men where Wolverine has Rogue sneak into his truck - that's where and what this feels like. Anyway, finally got a ride 10 minutes down the road from an otherwise harmless middle aged guy who told me about his regular drunk driving adventures (it's a real way of life up here for some). After that a younger dude in a big truck picked me up. He was real cool and it was a fun ride. He went over an hour out of his way to drive me straight to the hill and was all around "good dude" material. Exchanged numbers and planned to meet up the next time he was down in the city.

Shredded lots of pow all day. Greens to blacks. Got in the trees a little. Lots of good airs. Some rad cliff-like drops that I didn't quite have the balls for since
I was sore from work this week. Rode a t-bar for the first time from the mid chair to the peak and was baffled as to how it worked on the first attempt at it. Definitely prefer chairs.

Fucked up my brand new bindings though. Two pairs in a month. Why do I ruin everything? Can't pinpoint how. Might have happened on a messy chair dismount.

Either way, sore and stoked. Hope to ride with more of y'all when I get back. Thanks to timmytard for recommending the board and being a master sleuth consumer. Peace out!

Weak iPhone shot:

destroy is offline   Reply With Quote