Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 170 lb 5'11 male 11.5 size feet - Need help finding a board
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Wiredsport
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSol View Post
11 or 12 depending on the model/make (my feet aren't growing anymore). Weight is 170 lbs

I was mainly looking at used boards with waist lengths of about 24-25.5.
Got it. These are some pretty broad ranges and might make a big difference to your upcoming fun.

We try to steer people away from considering waist width (because nothing happens at the waist). Even so, it is rare for the width at the inserts (that is the width that counts because that is where your feet go) to be much greater than 1 cm larger than the width at the waist. So if you wer to choose a deck with a 24 cm waist (about 25 cm at the inserts) and your foot is indded a size 12 (which is 30 cm barefoot) you have 5 \cm of barefoot overhang. I know that your big complaint in your original post was toe drag, so you will want to get this part correct.

bseracka is offering you a free deck which is crazy cool of him. Hard not to take him up on that.

Let's make sure that it will be a good fit.

Please measure your foot using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters).
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote