Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

School project on snowboard bindings, please answer quick survey

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  poutanen 
#1 ·
For a school project me and my friends are investigating a new way to make boots/bindings to make it easier to strap in and avoid some of the problems with the current styles of bindings. if you could answer this brief survey it would be greatly appreciated.

Snowboarding Research Survey

Thanks so much!

#2 ·
Gotta warn u,.. you're probably looking at a shitstorm of abuse for posting a survey as your 1st & only post here! Especially since it's obvious you did so without checking out the "guidelines" first!

Having said that,.. I took a look at your survey! I will tell you, I am a Noob @ this sport & even I have some issues regarding the information you're asking for.

Rather than letting us know that you have any experience or even some/any idea already of existing binding related problems you are looking to correct with current binding styles, you seem to be asking "Us" to tell you what the problems are!!!

...and the question about "Time spent strapping in?" You want that in Minutes???? Really?? Where are you riding?? (...do you ride?)

It takes me maybe 15-30 seconds to strap in (...no I don't have step ins!) and that's if I have to chop or scrape a flat spot to keep from sliding away! If all I gotta do is skate up to the flat & strap,.. 10-15 sec. TOPS!!!

The only people I see taking "Minutes" to strap in are the rat packs using the runnout & drop in to the run as a Lounge!! Sitting around in a pack staring at & blocking the run! (...suppose it might be different on a BC, or off piste run, but don't think those riders are worried about a minute or two one way or the other to get strapped in & get going)

...and asking about ice getting stuck! You want a Yes or No??? Stuck where? Doing what to the bindings??? Their F'ing snowboard bindings!!! After 1 run mine have snow & ice everywhere!!! What relevant information is that yes/no going to tell you????:WTF:

#5 ·
I can't fill out the survey because it takes me (and most people I know) well under a minute to strap in.
Also strap snowboard bindings are fine the way they are, other types have come up but they just fade out as fads and never really take off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.