Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board help?
Thread: Board help?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
arrrmaty

Default Thank you for staying in your range

Yes, you need a wide board. Wide boards are recommended for size boots 10 and up (depending on the brand of boot- some are more bulky than others), especially with a board shorter than a 157. I'm 5'10, 180lbs with a size 10 boot and I ride one board that's a 152W and a 157 regular. They both have the same waist width at 252mm, and that's the lowest width that I can go before I start noticing the toe and heel drag. You'll notice a huge change in your ability to turn once most of your toe and heel drag is gone when you ride a wide board. A 156W sounds about the right size for you, but go to a shop and put some boots on and lay the different board sizes down and see which will fit your feet the best. A 156W will also be a good size to have some fun in the park. I see too many guys that are a little taller and have big feet who automatically think they need the longest board possible, but you should easily be able to ride something short in a wide. The boards you listed are good boards. I would also suggest a K2 Lifelike or Never Summer Revolover
arrrmaty is offline   Reply With Quote