Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Highback Question
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
arrrmaty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerkat89 View Post
I already know that. Strap up and tell me how your high backs fit, does it completely touch your calf? I still engage heel side like normal, which is why I'm curious about the space. And I already know altering my fwd lean alters my performance from mountain to park, and since i'm doing park i don't want fwd lean...leading me back to my question...Is the space normal when the high backs are straight up, or do i need to adjust/tweak em a little? When I say adjust/tweak I do not mean adjust fwd lean
The highback doesn't have to touch your calf, the only thing that matters is that your heel of your boot is all the way against the heel cup of your binding and that it doesn't lift up when you put pressure on youre toes. Unless your highbacks have a lot of forward lean then you will get seperation between your boot and highback, expecially on toe-side turns. If your boots are a different brand than your bindings you may see more gaps just due to the fact that manufacturer's of bindings produce their bindings to fit their own boots. Sorry, I misunderstood your original question, I wasn't trying to make you feel like I thought you were dumb or anything
arrrmaty is offline   Reply With Quote